In a world that is fast progressing towards automation and digitalisation, Sensoteq aims to craft the World’s best machine reliability solutions, reducing energy wastage and strengthening the operational performance of our customers. Using these solutions to connect machines wirelessly to the internet and provide in depth data analytics through our powerful UI which enables us all to work together to make our World a more sustainable place.
Based in Belfast, we’re a small team of multi-disciplinary engineers and sales professionals, with a customer footprint that spans over 25 countries and 5 continents globally, and some of the biggest house-hold names including several fortune 500 automotive and pharmaceutical companies. Our true IOT solution captures live sensor data from all over the world giving valuable insights into machine health and longevity.
As a fast paced and growing company, we are seeking talented individuals who can expand and enhance our hardware product range help deliver a top-quality product to our customers. This role covers all firmware Engineering, Embedded, build & configuration and test.
As a Firmware engineer you will be writing code for low power, wireless sensors. The challenge is to make MCUs run on the lowest energy usage but transmit long distances all while sensing their environment efficiently. Memory space and efficient code writing will be key along with being able to communicate with peripherals, battery management and understanding hardware fundamentals. Working with experienced mentors you will be part of a team developing sensors the world has yet to see and discovering otherwise hidden data from machines. Alongside our sensor range you will also be developing our gateways product range firmware. These communicate with our sensors and the cloud (via the internet) with different wireless secure protocols. Both are key element as part of our Remote Wireless Machine Health Monitoring platform.
What you will be doing:
- Working with live IOT data from wireless sensors to the receiving gateway to the cloud, acquiring the data, aggregating, calculating and communicating with different protocols and technologies.
- Participate in product scoping, discovery, framing and inceptions providing technical input and help translate user stories into user features.
- Contributing to the component design and implementation of features for our sensing range and gateway products.
- Develop, test and maintain our codebase and infrastructure.
- Specify and perform unit testing of developed code, including fixing and verify bugs.
- Participate in team code reviews.
- Participate in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups.
- Work within the team of other firmware engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of product to a high standard.
- Keep up to date with current technology stacks ensuring our system evolves with them.
- 5 + years’ experience in a firmware development role using C / C++
- Good experience with Wireless stacks (WIFI, Bluetooth, Zigbee and RF)
- Experience developing well structured code for ease of maintenance and reusability
- Real Time Operating Systems e.g. FreeRTOS
- Hardware interfacing (SPI, I2C, SCI) and digital hardware design
- Good problem solver using debugging tools such as emulators, scopes, debuggers
- Experience with source control (e.g. Github)
- Worked within a small agile team delivering technical projects to customer requirements to a high standard
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- BEng / BSc / MSc in engineering or equivalent minimum 2:1
- Experience of Nordic nrf series and Nordic SDK
- Experience with ST MCU’s
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools
Our Culture and Benefits
- Competitive Salary – negotiable depending on experience
- Profit Share Bonus
- Hybrid working (Home / Office)
- Flexible working hours
- Free Private Health care
- Pension and Life Insurance
- Great career progression opportunities
- Fun and modern company culture
Apply by sending your CV into firstname.lastname@example.org