In a world that is fast progressing towards automation and digitalisation, Sensoteq aims to bridge the gap between the industrial world of manufacturing, and the digital world of machine learning. We’re working to craft the World’s best machine reliability solutions, reducing energy wastage and strengthening the operational performance of our customers. Using these solutions to connect machines wirelessly to the internet, enables us all to work together to make our World a more sustainable place.
Based in Belfast, we’re a small team of multi-disciplinary engineers and sales professionals, with a customer footprint that spans over 20 countries and 5 continents globally, and some of the biggest house-hold names including several fortune 500 automotive and pharmaceutical companies.
As a fast paced and growing company, we are seeking talented individuals who can expand and enhance our software platform and help deliver a top-quality product to our customers. This role covers all Software Engineering, Back-End to Front End (UX) Development.
Whether you’re stronger towards either Front-End or Back-End development and that’s totally fine. You’ll be encouraged to play to your strengths but also contribute and learn both server and client-side development. With our agile development process and 2 week sprints, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to focus on a broad range of topics and help steer the direction of our platform.
Our solutions are built currently using the DERN stack as a base. We also make use of additional tools such as Docker, CircleCI, a range of AWS services and a global IoT platform to provide a quality end to end service to our customers.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborating with the Engineering Leadership Team and Senior management in the development of our Software platform which support our electronics products aligning it with the company strategy.
• Participate in product scoping, discovery and framing, and inceptions providing technical input and help translate user features into system design
• Keep up to date with current technology stacks ensuring our system evolves with them.
• Responsible for the design, architecture and development of our software products as per specification requirements, user stories and processes.
• Responsible for ensuring all developed software is well tested per process and delivered to a high-quality standard.
• Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices.
• Following, maintaining and help improving on our current software agile development processes suitable with the companies needs and requirements.
• Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups.
• Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team with emphasis on knowledge and career growth.
• Report to management / leadership on team objectives and development progress.
• Support customer meetings & our global service team, providing technical input as required
• 5+ years’ experience in a software development role
• 3+ years’ experience of developing and implementing systems at scale
• Strong working knowledge and experience of current full stack technologies
• Good experience with Cloud technologies and services
• Experience developing backend APIs
• Experience with databases
• Expert in source control (e.g. Git)
• Proven experience of innovation driven product development
• Proven track record of delivering technical projects to customer requirements to a high standard from concept to deployment.
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Good understanding of agile development processes
• BEng / BSC / MSC in engineering or equivalent minimum 2.1
• Experience of AWS services (SQS, EC2, Lambdas),
• No SQL database
• Document store knowledge
• Knowledge of containerisation
Our Culture and Benefits
• Flexible working hours
• Private health insurance
• Staff organised events like squash, bouldering, hiking
• Pizza and beer Fridays
• Off street city centre parking (can be used at weekends)
Enter your details below to be considered for this role: