In a world that is fast progressing towards automation and digitalisation, Sensoteq aims to bridge the gap between the industrial world of manufacturing, and the digital world of machine learning. We’re working to craft the World’s best machine reliability solutions, reducing energy wastage and strengthening the operational performance of our customers. Using these solutions to connect machines wirelessly to the internet, enables us all to work together to make our World a more sustainable place.
Based in Belfast, we’re a small team of multi-disciplinary engineers and sales professionals, with a customer footprint that spans over 20 countries and 5 continents globally, and some of the biggest house-hold names including several fortune 500 automotive and pharmaceutical companies.
As a fast paced and growing company, we are seeking talented individuals who can expand and enhance our software platform and help deliver a top-quality product to our customers. This role covers all Software Engineering, Back-End to Front End (UX) Development.
Whether you’re stronger towards either Front-End or Back-End development and that’s totally fine. You’ll be encouraged to play to your strengths but also contribute and learn both server and client-side development. With our agile development process and 2 week sprints, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to focus on a broad range of topics and help steer the direction of our platform.
Our solutions are built currently using the DERN stack as a base. We also make use of additional tools such as Docker, CircleCI, a range of AWS services and a global IoT platform to provide a quality end to end service to our customers.
What you will be doing:
- • Working with a modern stack in developing features for our sensing products, visualising, alarming and reporting on live IOT data.
- • Participate in product scoping, discovery, framing and inceptions providing technical input and help translate user stories into user features.
- • Contributing to the component design and implementation of features for our software platform.
- • Develop, test and maintain our codebase and infrastructure.
- • Specify and perform unit testing of developed code, including fixing and verify bugs.
- • Participate in team code reviews.
- • Follow our continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines and practices.
- • Participate in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups.
- • Work within the team of other software engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of product to a high standard.
- • Keep up to date with current technology stacks ensuring our system evolves with them.
- • Basic experience with Cloud technologies and services.
- • Experience developing backend APIs.
- • Demonstratable experience with databases (relational and/or NoSQL).
- • Experience with source control (e.g. Git).
- • Worked within a small Agile team delivering technical projects to customer requirements to a high standard.
- • Good teamwork and communication skills.
- • BEng / BSC / MSC in engineering or equivalent minimum 2.1.
- • Experience of AWS services (SQS, EC2, Lambdas).
- • Experience with React.
- • No SQL database experience.
- • Document store and containerisation knowledge.
- • Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
Our Culture and Benefits
- • Flexible working hours
- • Hybrid working (Home / Office)
- • Profit Share Bonus
- • Free private health care
- • Pension and Life Insurance
- • Training and development support
- • Wellbeing initiatives
- • Staff organised social events
- • Employee cycle scheme and discounts
- • Company mobile phone and contract
- • Off street city centre parking (can be used at weekends)
If you are prepared for a challenge at an ambitious company, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org