Sensoteq is a market leader in industrial wireless sensing for condition monitoring. We design and manufacture low-powered wireless sensors for remote machine health monitoring, providing continuous measurements of parameters such as temperature and vibration on high wear components in a wide range of industrial applications. We are a tight-knit team of multi-disciplinary individuals with strong team-spirit and high motivation.
Following a successful first 6 years in business, Sensoteq has an ambitious growth plan to achieve. To support exciting growth in sales demand, we would like to source an individual to help us maintain a steady production schedule and a healthy profit margin.
The combination of the global pandemic, the UK leaving the EU, and the war on Ukraine have contributed to global supply challenges in the component and raw material marketplace. These challenges are presenting new opportunities for creative solutions and are highlighting the need for focus and experience in supply chain management.
We want to source an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to work with the operations manager to mitigate these new risks to our business. This individual will help to develop our supply chain management framework and will be responsible for maintaining our production schedule while securing a reliable and competitive supply of material.
There will be opportunities for growth in this role as the operations department scales with the growing sales demand.
What you will be doing:
• Develop supply chain management framework to align with business strategy
• Liaise with sales team to agree production schedule
• Maintain production schedule by maintaining controlled supply of material
• Minimise budget increase on BOM targets based on market challenges
• Secure longer term supply contracts to reduce risk and optimise margin
• Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements
• Review and resolve vendor issues and contracts
• Identify and research potential new suppliers
• Monitor business trends and product availability
• Build relationships with suppliers to negotiate best prices
• Track performance within each spend category
• Develop with operations manager the strategic direction of the procurement team and supply chain function
• University Degree or Relevant Qualification e.g. CIPS
• 4 years of industrial experience
• ERP system interaction with focus on supply chain
• Full procurement cycle
• Production schedule management
• Project management
• Risk management
• Experience in budget reporting and forecasting
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic with strong computer literacy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works effectively under pressure to tight deadlines
Our Culture and Benefits
• Flexible working hours
• Private health insurance
• Staff organised events like squash, bouldering, hiking, cooking
• Pizza and beer Fridays
• Off street city centre parking (can be used at weekends)
Enter your details below to be considered for this role: