Sensoteq is a fast-growing, Belfast-based business, and a market leader in industrial wireless sensing for condition monitoring. As Global Technical Compliance lead you will understand the products Sensoteq develops and what Global legislation applies to each. Working with experienced certification and compliance test houses you will be ensuring Sensoteq keeps up to date with relevant standards and in compliance with them. You will be the authoritative voice for regulatory compliance affairs working with the sales team to determine the global market access strategy. This role sits within the heart of our Hardware Development Team who focus on meticulously developing the next generation of wireless reliability products.
Key Job Functions
- • Leading Sensoteq product certifications and global regulatory compliance
- • Planning and delivering all technical regulatory compliance activities
- • Be responsible for and enhance the internal RF / Wireless test facilities
- • Guide the development teams on radio communications, software test modes, component and material selection and safety criteria
- • Prepare products for testing including specifying the relevant test modes and hardware test points.
- • Understand and guide Sensoteq on environmental regulations relating to our products e.g., RoHS/REACH/Prop 65
- • Maintain a record of products and certification achieved up to date for each
- • Supporting the development of technical files and other associated documentation to meet regulatory requirements successfully, i.e., LVD/RED/FCC/EMC etc
- • Participate in daily site, cross-site, and team stand-ups.
- • Work within the team of engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of products to a high standard.
- • Grow a team to guide and maintain global technical compliance within Sensoteq
- • 10+ years’ experience in electronics engineering including RF and EMC design
- • Experience of wireless communications circuits (100MHz to 5GHz) and antenna design
- • A thorough understanding of the EMC/RF certification processes for radio equipment in global markets, e.g. FCC, IC, ETSI, SRRC, CE, CCC, etc., and industry certifications such as Wi-Fi Alliance, Bluetooth SIG etc.
- • Experience in guiding products through radio and EMC certification
- • Great communication skills both written and oral in engineering context
- • Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the organisation as well as with government authorities and test labs.
- • BEng / BSC / MSC in engineering or equivalent minimum 2.2
- • Detailed experience of CE marking process, FCC/IC marking criteria, OSHA standards and other Global radio and safety standards
- • Proven track record of placing electronic products on the market in Europe or North America
- • Experience in the medical or automotive product certification
- • Experience with a formal requirements management tool (JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- • Willingness to travel various test laboratories throughout Europe and further afield
Our Culture and Benefits
- • Flexible working hours
- • Hybrid working (Home / Office)
- • Profit Share Bonus
- • Free private health care
- • Pension and Life Insurance
- • Training and development support
- • Wellbeing initiatives
- • Staff organised social events
- • Employee cycle scheme and discounts
- • Company mobile phone and contract
- • Off street city centre parking (can be used at weekends)
If you are prepared for a challenge at an ambitious company, send your CV to email@example.com